Decoding Dyslexia North Carolina invites parents and advocates to help us spread dyslexia awareness in their local areas.
- Like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter. Participate in our Facebook conversations. Tweet your own posts about dyslexia, or retweet ours.
- Send a letter and/or email urging your local NC legislators to support the goals of Decoding Dyslexia-NC. Find out who represents you here.
- Write down your family’s story to share with your local NC legislators.
- Get involved at the local level.
>Join a variety of district committees, talk to other parents at local events, and discuss dyslexia with educators.
>Get involved in your local PTA and spread awareness about dyslexia.
>Inquire about your school district’s state mandated Special Education Parent
Advisory Group and join or attend their events to keep dyslexia awareness in the forefront.
- Get educated about dyslexia.
We would love to hear what is happening at the local level with dyslexia. If you have any ideas for us or would just like to make us aware of what is happening in your area of the state, feel free to contact us using the form below.