Decoding Dyslexia North Carolina invites parents and advocates to help us spread dyslexia awareness in their local areas. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Share our posts with your network, join in on conversations started by us or others focused on #dyslexia.
- Consider applying for a DDNC board position. See Application and Open Positions.
- Send a letter and/or email urging your local NC legislators to support the goals of Decoding Dyslexia NC. Include your family’s story. Find out who represents you.
- Join a variety of district committees, talk to other parents at local events, and discuss dyslexia with educators.
- Get involved in your local PTA and spread awareness about dyslexia.
- Inquire about your school district’s state mandated Special Education Parent Advisory Group and join or attend their events to keep dyslexia awareness in the forefront.
We would love to hear what is happening at the local level with dyslexia. If you have any ideas for us or would just like to make us aware of what is happening in your area of the state, feel free to contact us using the form below.