We’d love to hear from you! If you think you’d be a good match for any of these roles, please complete the application and email it to decodingdyslexianc [at] gmail.com by June 27.
Secretary – Provide consistent, timely and integral administrative support that help keeps all Board members informed of team meetings, discussions and decisions.
- Coordinate Zoom logistics for monthly Board meetings.
- Email meeting invitations to Board members with Zoom information.
- Take meeting minutes/notes focusing on actions and assignments at monthly Board meetings and upload them to MS Teams for Board members’ future reference.
- Manage DDNC mailbox. Acknowledge and respond to inquiries in a timely fashion. When needed, filter questions to the rest of the Board for assistance.
Education Director – Develop clear, concise educational materials (e.g., new webpages, downloadable PDFs) for parents and educators.
- With assistance from the Executive Committee, develop DDNC Talking Points 1-page document for DDNC Board members to explain who we are, what we do.
- Research, write and present up-to-date guidance from reputable, expert sources in formats that can be posted and shared on DDNC website.
- Seek experts who can present engaging content at monthly Parent Support Group Meetings.
- Provide updates, as available, at monthly board meetings.
Member at Large
- Attend monthly meetings
- Actively participate in activities to help the board meet strategic goals
- Assist with awareness and advocacy initiatives